Saturday, February 23, 2013

What should I write?

What should you write? Anything and everything is the limit. The greatest part of writing or writing therapy is it has no boundaries, it truly is boundless. Just a few months ago I felt terrible feelings about the bullying I underwent during my elementary years so I decided to write a few things about it. It turned into a full fledged middle grade book named the "Memoirs of a fat kid" and I am currently shopping it to a few publishers and agents.
The gist here is, basically, writing is like water in the way that water can take on any form or shape and so can the words you write. Emotions are an extremely strong tool to use during the writing process; it brings out everything that's real. The best part about leaving it all out on the page is what I like to call the "Trash-affect", after you pour your heart and soul onto this blank, white piece of paper you can just simply crumple it up and throw it in the trash. In my experience it is utterly the best writing therapy exercise in the entire writing therapy world, it's completely empowering to be able to write down your deepest darkest secrets or something you are struggling with and just simply throw them away like it never happened, the "Trash-affect" is probably the most useful exercise out of all. There is a sense of absolute release after you forcefully throw the feeling or situation away, true relief.
In closing I suggest you go try the "Trash-affect", could help you out with a situation or feeling you are struggling with.

Sincerely,

Dylon J. Serpa

No comments:

Post a Comment